Sunday, May 26, 2013

Graffiti and Street Art in Lebanon

Lebanon, and Beirut in particular, is the setting for completing any number of photography projects.  Beirut is filled with street art and graffiti (if you're the kind of person that distinguishes between the two), and the idea that any surface is a canvas seems to have spread to other urban areas in Lebanon.  I wish I had taken more pictures of the street art I saw, but this is what I have.
My favorite piece of graffiti.  It reads Beirut in Arabic, and coincidentally matches my dress. Perfect. Near Hamra Street.
First graffiti I saw on our first day in Beirut
Plz fix me
Protect me
Mural in the Druze part of Beirut
Gemmayze Street
Gemmayze again. Graffiti in protest to the widespread Turkeyfication of Western Armenia that has been described as a Cultural Genocide by the Armenian government.  Martin is clearly distressed.
Also Gemmayze
And this concludes my segment on "Martin standing in front of weird graffiti."  This one was I think somewhere near Spear St. 
Graffiti inside an abandoned and apparently very, very old building on grounds of the Byblos excavation site

1 comment:

  1. If you are travelling to Makkah for Hajj and looking for the best accommodation in the cities then Haramayn Hotels is best option to book Hotels in Madina and Makkah.

    ReplyDelete

About Your Author

My photo
Troy, AL, United States
I am a Political Science student at Troy University in southeastern Alabama. I have been given fantastic opportunities to travel to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, among other brief trips, to study and glimpse other cultures. I believe there is much to be learned about other people while studying, and I want to share my experiences with you.